Thursday, January 7, 2010

When baking brownies, is it okay to use vegetable shortening instead of veg. oil, I am all out of oil?

If I can't use shortening, what else can I use as a substitute?When baking brownies, is it okay to use vegetable shortening instead of veg. oil, I am all out of oil?
I've had this problem before. What I did was melt down the shortening to a liquid and then measure that. Everything turned out fine.





Also, if you have applesauce, you can use the same measurement for that and replace the oil altogether. It tastes the same and makes for a lower fat brownie.When baking brownies, is it okay to use vegetable shortening instead of veg. oil, I am all out of oil?
You could use margarine or butter also - just melt to measure.
i think so.
If I'm out of oil, I melt the shortening in the microwave, then measure it out and use it like that. It works okay.
Yes, it's perfectly okay to use vegetable shortening, but reduce the liquids in your brownies by the amount of oil you didn't put in.
I would think it would be okay. Use crisco if you have it... melt it though.
just melt the shortening. Everything will be fine.
yep that should work out well.
I've actually melted it before......worked exactly the same

No comments:

Post a Comment