Thursday, January 7, 2010

I'm cooking and I don't have any vegetable oil, can Olive oil be a substitute for vegetable oil?

Yes, but only if you're not making dessert, as olive oil has a strong taste, and if you're not using very high heat, as olive oil loses some flavor in high heat. For more info, see http://www.oliveoilsource.com/cooking_ol鈥?/a>I'm cooking and I don't have any vegetable oil, can Olive oil be a substitute for vegetable oil?
Olive oil is more expensive, and it has an olive taste to it.





If you're using a lot of it, it might be worth it to run to the store and buy a bottle of vegetable oil. A pint of olive oil might cost $5, but the same amount of vegetable oil only costs $1.50. I would say if you're using more than a half a cup, then go get some veg. oil. If it's just a few teaspoons or tablespoons don't worry.





Olive oil also has an olive taste to it. If it's extra virgin or virgin, that taste will be strong. If it's light or extra light olive oil, then it will barely be there. (';Olive oil'; is in the middle, medium.) If you're making something like desserts, then the olive oil taste might come through.I'm cooking and I don't have any vegetable oil, can Olive oil be a substitute for vegetable oil?
It depends on what you are cooking.


If you are making a dessert, I would not substitute olive oil.


However; if you are cooking on the stovetop or making a salad dressing you can most definitely substitute olive oil.
Yes. Olive oil is better quality than vegetable oil and will taste better anyway.
It will add an olive taste so it will depend upon what you are making.
Sure but I think it will taste a small tad different but you never know try it
  • free browser
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment