Thursday, January 7, 2010

I really want to get one of those vegetable oil cars for my birthday.?

Ive been doing some research on them and it seems like a really cool idea. But is it practical? It would be great to hear from someone who has actually converted it. I live in southern california and i really like the conversions they do at lovecraft biodeiselsl. But im wondering if its really going to help me save money on gas or if the whole thing is more trouble than its worth. Also would it be easier to keep my car(a 2001 vw bug) and change the engine to deisel then convert it or should i sell my car, by an older deisel mercedes and then convert that? I really wanna do this but i want to do it the best way.


ADVICE PLZI really want to get one of those vegetable oil cars for my birthday.?
Start with a diesel car first. Converting gas to Diesel is pointlessly expensive! Easier to just get a Diesel engined car.





AFTER you get your diesel car, use biodiesel which is converted waste/nut/vegetable oil. The properties of Biodiesel are better than regular diesel for component wear and emmissions. No conversion of the car is required!





Converting to straight waste oil is not good for newer cars as the straight oil wears the fuel injector pump down faster than regular diesel. there is also an additional tank to be installed and much more plumbing involved...see my links!!I really want to get one of those vegetable oil cars for my birthday.?
Thats not true you can get waste oil for free, and there are new ways to convert a car. You end up saveing money. Report Abuse

i think you would pay more for the veg-oil than the gas. it's nice you care about the environment. but i think there more trouble than its worth. unless you are SERIOUSLY into the environment, i would do it.
buy a hummer! its what im doing!
used vegetable oil and all the other ingredients you need.





After buying all the barrels, lines and other supplies.





It will cost about 75 cents a gallon to make your own. This can be done in a 6X10 shed, easily in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment