Thursday, January 7, 2010

HELP! What can I use to free a mouse from a glue trap other than vegetable oil!?

I don't have any in the house. :/





%26amp; No, I did NOT set up the glue traps. My parents did...HELP! What can I use to free a mouse from a glue trap other than vegetable oil!?
Use oil only, any of the other items, polish remover, alcohol, will hurt the mouse. Use oil and a q-tip as one reader suggested.


After he is free, put him in a warm place outdoors with some bird seed, cereal, bread, crackers, etc and a small cap full of water then hope for the best.


As for the use of the extremely cruel Glue Trap. They should be banned. Talk to your parents about other alternatives for removing mice from your home like a live trap (which must be checked daily) or better yet, look for the access holes that the mice use and plug them with metal screen. (pipe holes, gaps in siding. etc.)


Good luck and thanks for trying to save the poor critter.HELP! What can I use to free a mouse from a glue trap other than vegetable oil!?
';And if you encounter an animal who is stuck to a glue trap, pour a small amount of cooking oil or baby oil onto the stuck areas and gently work the animal free.';





I'd suggest wearing thick leather gloves when dealing with agitated mice (or any mice at all really) because they can carry rabies and other diseases which can be very dangerous, and they bite hard!





Other things that may work to free the adhesive from them but shouldn't hurt them- Rubbing alcohol ( I use this to get sticky stuff off of electronics) or Nail polish remover (dissolves lots of things).





Again, be very very careful, and then tell your parents about humane traps (which I believe are also talked about on the peta page that I left a link for)



I've heard nail polish remover works well, maybe try pouring some slightly warm water on the trap outside, it might dissolve the glue enough to get the poor thing free.


Work quickly though, mice often break all their limbs from struggling so hard to get free, and if that happens it's just best to kill the poor thing rather then let it suffer.
Baby oil and a Q tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment